Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who is Taylor B. Gamble?

My name is Taylor B. Gamble, and I am an Early Childhood/Elementary Education major. I grew up in Vestavia Hills, AL as the oldest of three girls. On May 19, 2007, I married my best friend, Josh. This summer, on July 22nd, we adopted a puppy, Miley, from the Birmingham Humane Society, and we adore being "puppy parents"!

I believe that technology is vital in a classroom. Not only will it be beneficial to me and my preparations for each day, but I believe it will be tremendously helpful to the students, too. While I will not want my students sitting on the computer all day, I do believe computers can provide some interactive programs to help supplement topics we might discuss in class, as well as provide children with the opportunity to expand their knowledge on various subjects through research. I hope to teach Kindergarten, and plan to integrate the computer section of the classroom into our centers each day to provide some variety to the center options.

In EDT 300, I expect to become quite fluent in the Microsoft 2007 program, which will aid my teaching experience tremendously. I've already started learning how to do excellent spreadsheets. I also plan to learn how to do unit plans and improver my blogging skills!

No comments: